Friday, December 04, 2009
I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy,
government, health care, real estate prices, the stock market,
the federal deficit, Iraq, Afghanistan, global warming,
my savings, Social Security, credit card debt...
I called the Suicide Hotline.
I got a call center in Pakistan; I told them I was suicidal.
They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
hey baby, it's been a while but your sugardaddy is back.
i promise, from now on i'll be a nice guy...
from the streets to the sheets, these sounds fell into my mind:
- jay-z/american gangster-lartizan intro
- bill cosby-simple love affair
- ike turner-garbage man
- omar & angie stone-be thankful-jazzy jeff mix
- antonio fargas-christmas eve 1953 (horatio)
- melo da tagarela-rapper's delight
- joan baez-time rag
- annette peacock-pony
- etta james-let's straighten this out
- tony joe white-rainy night in georgia
- gordon lightfoot-beautiful
- gil scott-heron & brian jackson-your daddy loves you
- aaron neville-tell it like it is
- elvis presley-are you lonesome tonight?
- skip james-devil got my woman
- yeah yeah yeah's-hyperballad
- anthony & the johnsons-crazy in love
- mai lan-gentiment je t'immole
- adam sandler-forgetful lucy
Friday, September 19, 2008
what about kinda cute kinda hot kinda sexy histerically funny but not funny looking guy who you could fuck did you not understand?
picture by alessio cuccu
here's the final evening from Paolo Fresu's series of 2006 concerts at the Opera de Lyon, featuring guitar wiz Nguyen Lê
enjoy and share.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
picture courtesy of ragnane/appunti
second encounter of a strange kind featuring Paolo Fresu on trumpet and effects and pedal-steel guitar-hero BJ Cole, captured live in france on june 2006.
hope you'll enjoy that smokey vibe.